Celebrating 27 Years of Excellence
The year was 1986. Two Missouri public school teachers, Ron and Mickey Hopson, had long wanted to open a pie shop. They did, on November 8, 1986, just in time for the Thanksgiving holiday season. They opened with two regular stove ovens. It turned out to be either an optimistic view of their ability to bake pies in just two residential type ovens, or a pessimistic outlook on how many pies they would sell...
In the second week they installed commercial ovens.
Some of their original premises have not changed.
- "Serve big pies." They are. Some crème and meringue pies weigh about five to nearly six pounds.
- "Charge what we must." Pies from A Slice of Pie are not inexpensive.
- "All pies are to be handmade." They still are.
- "Introduce new pies frequently." One way of doing that is to feature a "pie of the month" and that is a practice still continued.
- "Quality is paramount." It still is.
Sampler Platters are GREAT for parties, meetings, gifts and a special treat for your employees and office staff.